the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Saturday, October 13, 2012

#MyFavFriday - err MyFavFraturday - Ukulele


I love when we have unexpected plans.  My good friend from college, Merry, called me on Thursday asking if she, her dad, and her friend could crash in our living room on their way up to Traverse City, MI for a ukulele concert.  Naturally, we said YES!  They are on their way to see the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain...seriously jealous.  At one point this past summer, I played a bunch of their songs on youtube as my soundtrack to making birthday cookies for my husband:

Side note: that vanilla is from the Dominican Republic.

Anyways, I think I have finally found my hook for teaching math, making it beyond interesting, and have an excuse for making youtube videos about it: Math Ukulele...err Mathulele!  

I play guitar:


So, I think I could easily pick up the ukulele.

Any thoughts?  Any song ideas? 

What's your hook?



No comments:

Post a Comment