the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Sunday, October 21, 2012

#myfavfriday - more like myfavfrunday - Watson Street Loft

So, this past Friday, we went to a wedding reception at Oak Openings Lodge.  We had a good time, particularly because the local band Watson Street Loft played.  They generally play the type of music that I listened to back in college (so mainly late 90s - early 2000s).  However, they had some fun surprises in store for this particular event.  See, the groom is the bass player, so they had a good friend substitute for him most of the night (the guy in blue on the right):


They Rick Roll'd the event, saying that song best described
the love the newlyweds shared.



For a few songs, the groom stepped in on bass.


Right before my husband and I left, their other surprise was revealed: Call Me Maybe...thought you TMC12 folks would appreciate that...some people even started a conga line for this song.

Here are some pictures I took of the band back in August when I first saw Watson Street Loft:


 I also featured them in my photoblog post...scroll down to #9.
I can't wait to hear them play again.  If you are ever in the Toledo area, check them out.  They are quite talented and worth a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment