the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Monday, August 13, 2012

#Made4Math Monday Week 7 - Country Time Pencil-Ade & Update on Classroom


I have a pencil holder, but I want another one for my student center.  So, I went looking at Target for short Pringles cans, but they didn't have any.  Then, I remembered that we have a few Country Time Lemonade Containers.  So, I transformed one of them (leaving the contents in a sandwich bag along with the measure cap) into a Country Time Pencil-Ade:





Update on the Classroom:  I finally put up the dry erase boards.  I had to wait because we did something not so smart...left them propped up against a wall overnight...they bowed, so we couldn't get them to stay flat against the chalkboard:





So, I decided to line the rest with the magnet strips and weigh them down with 30 Algebra 1 books over the weekend...SUCCESS!!!:




Also, I finished the Currently In Algebra 1 bulletin board...since we are reviewing, I posted some of the review concepts:





It's Always Sunny In Algebra...covering the brick wall:





Miscellaneous New Additions to the Classroom:





Things on my agenda for the rest of the week:
1. Organize substitute folder/binder & create emergency plans
2. Create classroom rules & procedures posters
3. Evaluate how I grade binders/notebooks based on new information (such as INB)
4. Finish the student supply table
5. Create syllabi
6. Start lesson planning


2 comments:

  1. What an awesome update! I love all that you have added in your classroom. Your year is off to a terrific start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is really coming together! I love watching the transformation :)

    ReplyDelete