the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Saturday, August 25, 2012

#myfavfriday - My Favorite Musical



So, I know it's Saturday, but yesterday was my first day of school (besides freshman orientation) AND my husband got off work early yesterday.  Tomorrow (Sunday) is my birthday, and he bought (among other things) my favorite musical:


I grew up watching musicals with my grandma.  While others were watching tons of cartoons when they were little, at 3 years old, I was imitating the dance moves of the actors in Show Boat and singing along with Judy Garland in Meet Me in St. Louis.  That's right, when I think of Judy Garland, the first movie I think of is NOT the Wizard of Oz.  

One of my favorite musicals is "Singin' in the Rain".  Gene Kelly is so talented, Debbie Reynolds is delightful, Donald O'Connor is hilarous, and it's great to escape today's inappropriate media with the wholesome, intelligent and funny story.  "Moses supposes his toeses are roses..."

No comments:

Post a Comment