the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Monday, July 23, 2012

It's Always Sunny/Signy in Algebra

So my new classroom has no windows.  My math department head (who is totally cool, btw) told me that the previous teacher put up outdoor drawings on the brick wall that has no bulletin boards, chalk boards, or dry erase boards.  This gave me a corny idea...and I think I'm gonna go with it.  Let's see if I can create my vision using Gimp (poor man's Photoshop):


I can't make up my mind whether to put sunny or signy.  Also, the lettering to sun ratio is not guaranteed to scale.  This is a loose reference to the TV show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia".  To be honest, I've never watched the TV show and know very little about it.  However, when I got the idea for the brick wall, this was the pun that came to mind...and I haven't bothered to think of any others.

I know it'll be tricky to see the yellow lettering on the brick wall, which is why I used a drop shadow on gimp.  IRL, I will cut out yellow and black letters to give the same effect.

So...opinions?  Do you like it?  Which should I use?  Sunny or signy?


1 comment:

  1. I like sunny better - because it looks like a sun! Here is what I would do to make it all POP. I would print everything you want out in the biggest print possible on yellow card stock, then I would glue that onto black card stock and give it a border rather than a drop shadow. Such an awesome idea though! I had a colleague who didn't have windows but he loved it because his room always was nice an cool.

    ReplyDelete