the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Monday, July 2, 2012

#Made4Math Week 1 - Pi Guy!




So I was struggling to figure out what to do for Made4Math Monday...especially since I caught my husband's cold and don't want to go anywhere.  Then, I realized that I could combine my passion for crocheting with my passion for math...

So I crocheted a little Pi Guy!  Here is a link to the original pattern that I found...thank you Alicia.
I've never made an amigurumi before, so this was kinda exciting!!!

Here are pictures of the process (and the final product):

Here are the supplies...I must say, I was excited to bust out
the stuffing to create a "stuffed irrational"

The head...I used brown yarn instead of beads and embroidery thread.

The legs.

Oops!  Put the right leg on a little to far to the right...had to fix it.

TADA!!!








1 comment:

  1. He's so cute! I'm a crocheting math teacher as well, I'll have to put this on my never ending to-do list.

    ReplyDelete