the mathsmith collage

the mathsmith collage

Monday, July 23, 2012

#Made4Math Monday Week 4: An Assortment

So, I kinda did a lot this I'll just dive in:

Project #1: DIY Dry-erase boards

I got the idea from this pin on pinterest (of course)...I had the report covers already and bought the fun duct tape at Walmart.  I used some thick paper for one and a few sheets of graph paper for the other:

Project #2: Dry Erase Board Holder FAIL.

I tried to apply @fouss' cereal box conversion to dry erase board holders...

...but as you can see, I switched her directions around... 

AND the cereal boxes were too small to begin with.  SO back to the recycling bin went the boxes...

Project #3: Addition to my scrapbook page to continue building my bulletin board from home.  As you can see, the FAIL from before continued on here...the slice machine started out of alignment, so I had to figure that out.

Then, the adhesive stuck to the paper way too much!

However, I think it turned out alright.


I had to use 2 layers of the black, green, and pink design because the "white" part was quite translucent.
BTW, mustaches are awesome.

Ok...I have a few more, but I'm going to save them for next week.  We are moving/packing, so I don't know if I'll have much of a chance to make anything more...WE'LL SEE!!!


  1. Sorry about the cereal box fail! But I'm glad you figured it out before the decorating stage. I just found two veal boxes in the trash at home - guess I need to tell hubby about #Made4Math so he doesn't throw any more away!

    Love your whiteboard thingy. I just picked up some of those sleeves, so I'll have to give that a try next!

  2. Your whiteboard sleeves came out so nice with the duct tape border! I love those mustaches :)